Thursday, September 26, 2013

The duplicity of love.

Love can be scary sometimes. It can hurt. Such pain can bring you to the deepest bottom,  it can bring you to waters so deep you will drawn even before you ever reach the bottom.
But love can bring you to the highest mountains, you can fly so high you won’t even be able to see the ground.
Encountering both situations have gotten me rather confused than sad or hurt. I have experienced the ecstasy of love, as well as the black-and-white side of love, the one that reaps you apart without hesitating and deteriorates every hope in you.

One of the things that I wonder the most about this devious subject is: How does love – something so beautiful – can change into something so cruel, something that brings tears to your eyes, and darkness to your soul? How do people go from being completely in love, so enticed by the moment, to giving up on everything? It is almost like they have been brain washed. Gambling with love is a tricky business, and we always end up paying with our hearts.
The duplicity of love renders me spechless more often that I would like to admit. Truly, love is a double-edged sword - it can hurt you or inspire you.

When does one give up? Sometimes it's better to leave broken hearts broken than hurting yourself fixing it back together. How do we know the fine line between leaving and staying? How do we know when to say enough, when to say "I have given my all"? Or when do we say "this is worth it - you are worth the pain"?
I guess the answer for this question might be somewhat ironic... the answer is a personal observation and analysis of your own being and your own feelings. How profound, sincere, and pure is your love? Are you truly in love? Is your love selfless? To a point that you can give up on yourself for the sake of your lover?
I guess is just like how the Beatles once said... 

"From this moment on I know
Exactly where my life will go
Seems that all I really was doing
Was waiting for love
Don't need to be afraid
No need to be afraid
It's real love, it's real
Yes it's real love, it's real
Thought I'd been in love before
But in my heart, I wanted more
Seems like all I really was doing
Was waiting for you"

That's when you know. 
We experience real love whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, when we close our mouths but somehow manage to communicate in a hundred silent ways. As we live deeper in the heart, the mirror gets clearer and cleaner. And so does our lives.

No comments: