Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Stay or Leave?

As College applications are due, this decision is becoming more and more real to me. It's killing me inside. I want to stay. I don't feel like I am going to have enough guts to leave. What do I do? My friend Morgan gave me the ideia to write down my thoughts in a pros vs. cons setting and keep adding things as I go through with my journey. So here it is. I pray that I can find peace in my decision, and that God help me distinguish what is right for me and what path is in His mind. As of 10/22/13, as much as I say to people I want to go to San Diego, I don't see myself leaving. At all. I am too scared. But it's not just fear. It's more about the "why try to fix something that isn't broken?"... Why would I want to leave and start something new all over again if I am so happy here? Only God and I know how hard it has been to be away from my family... and then I am going to have to start it all over again. Without anyone. ANYONE. That's painful. I don't think I am that strong.

If I stay...

Pros:

1. Stay with him;
2. Get a place for myself;
3. Cheaper;
4. Everything I like is here!
5. Support system already established;

Cons:

1. Don't get to experience San Diego's life style and beach life that I so much love!
2. Maybe always think "what if"...
3. Take the risk to stay and not work out;





If I Leave...

Pros:

1. Best International Business Program!
2. Finally be at the beach again;
3. Great weather, beautiful place;
4. Experience new things, meet new people;
5. Get out of my comfort zone, grow personally and expand my horizons;

Cons:

1. More expensive;
2. Don't know anyone, no support system;
3. Chance of not liking there;
4. Far from him, possibility of wearing out relationship
5. Scared of something new all over again... not sure if I want to do that as nice as it sounds in theory.

No comments: