Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Some thoughts going through my head...

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 
― Marilyn Monroe


“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” 
― Elie Wiesel






More than once have I doubted myself. More than once have I made mistakes. Despite all of that, I am always trying to be truthful to myself and my heart. Is it much to expect the same from others? I am aware that I do mess up on a daily basis. The thing is: I am not tired of failures/mistakes, I am tired of people thinking THEY ARE a failure. We are not defined by our mistakes and shortcomings. We should love ourselves despite our shortcomings, so should we love OTHERS despite THEIR shortcomings. Again, the problem here is not our failures and shortcomings. The problem here is ACTION, should I say the lack of. I think it would be rather obvious, taken that we are cognitive thinkers, to learn from our mistakes and take action against future similar failures. This concept, however, just doesn't seem to depict quite right in real life and, especially not according to my personal experiences.
A bigger issue than that, sometimes, is... indifference. MLK once said that our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. I am sure he had a very different view on how this phrase was applicable back in the days to society. To me, however, silence means no actions. We become indifferent to the people who surround us if we don't take ACTION. Although words matter a lot, actions are worth twice as much. 
I am not attacking, I am not fighting against anyone. This is not a battle against our own pride, this is not a battle trying to overcome our failures (because truth is... there is always going to be mistakes and failures). I am fighting this FOR YOU, FOR US. But I don't want to fight a battle on my own. 

No comments: