Thursday, December 26, 2013

The dream

Last night I had a dream that I was talking to a psychologist. During my appointment, I talked to her about my fears and concerns, especially the one regarding change. I explained her how I eagerly seek adventures, but at the same time I am scared of my own adventures leading me to loneliness. The psychologist began to explain that how her cat would always look outside the window at her house and seemed to want to play, but every time she would open the door for him, he wouldn't go. He was scared. She, then, decided to force her cat to go outside, and she even put a mouse outside so he could maybe try to chase the mouse and have fun with it. After he would caught the mouse, he would have nothing else to do, but that would just mean he would have to open his horizons again and go explore and maybe find a tree to climb. After my psychologist explained this to me, she said our session was over, but I was making progress and she would like to see me again. She also added that "It took me awhile to understand what my cat needed, but I think you're like my cat, You just need to go outside". I then smiled at her and left the room, feeling very hopeful. After my appointment, I went to the beach to sail and to think about what she had told me. It was then that I woke up.

The whole idea behind this dream is too ironic. Me, Cecilia, talking to a psychologist (who is my subconscious). A conversation between Me and Myself. You know those times you wish you could talk to your older self? It was a very similar feeling. When I woke up, I had to just lie in bed for awhile, thinking about this whole thing. The more I think about it, the more I have questions and the more I want to have another appointment. 

No comments: