Thursday, January 16, 2014

Me vs. Myself


Forget the nonsense of there and here, race, nation, religion, starting point and destination. You are Soul, and you are Love.



~Rumi


After last week, I started thinking a lot about my most recent posts, and why I have been focusing so much on worry, fear, frustration, nervousness. Well, I mean, I've been worrying a lot about the future. But, you know, this is normal. I am at a point in my life where big decisions will have to be made and it's more than normal to feel the way I do (or at least I think it's normal). 
So, after realizing that it's ok to feel that way sometimes...  I took a deeper look into my life and how I have been "running it". So I noted that this is the happiest I've been. I am a happy person, I feel happiness every day in my life, I feel the love from people around me, and I try to love people the best I can. I am exactly where I want to be, I aspire to better myself and I seek do get better daily. The thing is... I just expect too much of myself. I've always done that (and I think most of us do that too). There are days that I will feel a little more tired, worn out, not motivated, or just plain frustrated at something. But that's ok. "This too shall pass" - an important person in my life reminded me of this a few months ago.
Well, the reason I came to this realization is because so many times we focus too much on who is doing better than us, and we tend to compare ourselves to everyone. We compare our families, our religions, our fitness levels, our grades, our cars, and so on. Well, I am tired of comparing and being compared. I am tired of judging and being judged. This is not what life is about. Life is about the betterment of oneself. Life is about us seeking to be Christ-like the best we can. And for that matter, we must drop judgment. I especially see a lot of judgment in religion, and that's the topic that frustrates me the most. We are wired differently, it's a fact. One cannot tell me that MY WAY of worshiping is wrong. I love all religions, and respect all religions. My purpose in life is to be love and show love. Not to judge someone by their religion practices. The way my relationship with Christ works may be different than yours - it doesn't mean one of us are wrong, or one of us are not "good followers". I am tired of the labels. I am done with the race against others. I am racing against myself. As long as I am in peace with my heart, as long as I am happy and doing what I think I am supposed to be doing, then I am GOOD. No more worrying. No more frustrations. No more beating myself up. I am in peace, and I thank God. 

No comments: