Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Getting back up

A Chinese proverb says that If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through. 

It's a rather hard life for dreamers. I've tried to prepare myself for the worst, and aim for the best - like a special someone always tells me to. This time, however, I've been caught with empty hands. I wasn't holding on to wariness. 

When disappointment hits you, it feels like ten tons of bricks have crushed your heart, your hopes, and the future you have planned so carefully. All the plans you've made, all the sensations you've imagined you'd feel... they're all gone. They were gone when your dreams got crushed. Being disappointed when you don't expect is like being heartbroken. You just don't know how to look forward, how to move on. You just sit there and wait, hoping it'll go away or it'll fix itself up. Well, it won't. It just hurts more. Reality just keeps coming back and hitting you harder if you don't get back up.

Even in the midst of discomfiture, I will force myself to never be discouraged and to look past the bumps. If I reach a dead-end, I'll just turn around and start heading to another direction. God knows how much I've tried... maybe it just wasn't supposed to be that way. I know this is not a "No", just a "Not now" ... So, I'll just move forward, hoping the winds will bring me better fortune next time. 

No comments: