Thursday, February 6, 2014

Forgive Us Our Trespasses...

"I'm not perfect - And I don't live to be - but before you start pointing fingers... make sure your hands are clean" ~ Bob Marley

...Let he who is without sin cast the first stone ~ John 8:7

I have made mistakes several times. We've all been there. There are times, however, I cannot seem to forgive myself. It's usually when I've said or done something that caused others to feel hurt. I know we have a sinful nature, we are are humans and we make mistakes... but some mistakes are just plain stupid.
When I do something I immediately regret, I often start thinking that I'd rather see myself hurt and hitting rock bottom, than to see someone else hurt because of ME. I can take everything you got. Give it to me. I can take all the consequences that I have done unto myself... but when these consequences reaches those I love... I break down... and I can't seem to get my head around as to why I did/said that.
Most often that I'd like to admit, I let my frustrations and insecurity speak louder. Then, I get into "defense mode" and start saying/doing things I don't really want to. All with the purpose that it will be good for all parties in the end. Plain stupid and selfish. 
But, enough of that. You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.


                 Forgive us our tresspasses,

                         as we forgive those

                                who trespass against us.



"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them" ~ John C. Maxwell

No comments: