Monday, November 5, 2012

REJOICE!


Don't dwell on the past. Your history can't be erased, but your future has yet to be written. Make the most of what's going to happen instead of worrying about what you can't change. Don't waste your time being sad, because you're wasting away moments in which you could be happy. It's taken me awhile, but I'm learning that letting go of the past is a good thing. It doesn't mean forgetting, it just means moving on. And you can't enjoy the present when you're stuck in the past. Don't cry for what might have been, don't live in the past. It was supposed to be forever? Well forever doesn't always lasts. Lift your head and dry your tears, forget about yesterday. We had the time of our life, but we must move on. Let it fade away.
I will never ever lose hope. I refuse to. No matter the odds, no matter what happens, it’s still my choice, my decision, my power, to hold onto the faith in what I believe to be true. That's the one thing that can never be taken from me unless I allow it.
There is an inner beauty about a woman who believes in herself, who knows she is capable of anything she puts her mind to. There is a beauty in the strength and determination of a woman who follows her own path, who isn't thrown off by obstacles along the way. There is a beauty about a woman whose confidence comes from experiences - who knows she can fall, pick herself up, and go on.
We become attached to what's familiar, and sometimes we hold on to things that are safe and predictable, even if they are bad for us.
Consult not your fears but your hopes & your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried & failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.
- Pope John XXIII
If you’re feeling frightened about what comes next, don’t be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness. Don’t waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you’ll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.
It's sad when you think you know someone for such a long time and then all of the sudden you have no idea who this person is that is staring right in your face.
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."
— Mother Teresa
One of the best feelings in the world is realizing you're perfectly happy without the thing you thought you needed most.
"If a guy wants to be with a girl, he will make it happen. No matter what."
- He's Just Not That Into You
 No matter what has happened - good or bad - it has all brought you here to this very moment. And in this moment, you can do whatever you choose.
Sometimes you just have to finally admit that you don't deserve any of this, and leave. Even if it's going to be the hardest thing you ever do.
I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be. I've learned that it's a lot easier to react than it is to think. I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you. I've learned that maturity has more to do with the types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated. I've learned that quantity is not as important as quality when it comes to best friends. I've learned that it isn't enough to be forgiven by others, sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself. I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken, the world will not stop for your grief. I've learned that background and circumstances might have influenced who you are, but we are responsible for who we become. I've learned that you can't make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved. I've learned although the word "love" can have many meanings, it loses value when overly used. I've learned that no matter how old or wise you think you are, life never stops teaching.
Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop trying to figure out precisely how we feel, stop deciding with our mind what we want our heart to feel, and sometimes we just have to go with "whatever happens, happens"
You held your pride like you should have held me.
So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you;I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.-- Isaiah 41:10
Be grateful for the struggle. It is our trials that refine us, to push us toward the moments that will define us.
Don't worry if you're single. God's looking down at you thinking, "I'm saving her for someone special."
I am not going to stop because of a broken heart. I will always be soft and loving and the world will never turn me hard, so my heart will always be vulnerable to break. But I will not let a broken heart stop me from loving. And I will not let a broken heart stop me from bringing light into the world. I will make a change, and I'll pour out love even if I don't always feel it pour back in. God loves me, God never changes. And that may be the only constant, but it's enough for me. For anyone. I will trust in Him, and I will not stop because of a hurting heart.
I will rejoice. No matter what.

No comments: