Sunday, April 15, 2012

A letter to you.

Dear CGC,

I fell hard for you, like I have never before in my entire life. But I guess life takes us to different places in life and sometimes things don't quite end up the way we thought it would. The past few months have been such a huge learning experience for me. I have never been so challenged - academically, espiritually and emotionally. Having you with me made me feel like I had a family - your family. Then, when we broke up, I had literally no one. It was like the world had fallen apart in front of my eyes. Having no one here brough me closer than I have ever been to God. The only certain and steady thing in my life was and is Him. I believe that God puts people in our lives for a purpose and what I got from our time together is that I should never put someone before God. I learned with the mistakes I made that God wants me to put him as my only one priority. I still don't understand how and why things happened the way it did but I believe in God's plan for my life and that whatever his plans are, I know one day I will understand everything.

Things happened so quickly and sudden that I was caught totally off guard and I had no idea what to do. These months transformed me in profound ways. I still don't know how things will end up for me but I do know I don't want anything to stand between us. All the memories of the 8 months we spent together will be kept with me. No hard feelings. I'm at a point in my life that I'm about to make really difficult choices in my life and whatever happens I want you to know that after all, I'm your friend and I really do wish that we would have a good, honest friendship. I wish one day you can talk more about this and maybe we can even laugh about all of this mess.

I'm going back to Brazil and I don't know if I'll ever see you again. This idea is so strange to me but I guess that's how life goes.

I want to thank you for every single day during the 8 months we spent together. You were a gentleman and the best boyfriend a girl can have. Please, don't lose that.

I wish you all the best in your future and I hope you acomplish all your goals.

I have no idea if I'm ever going to give this to you. But I know it will be here and one day I'll give it to you.

Sincerely,

Cecilia.

PS.: I read this somewhere when we were still together and kept with me.
"If there is ever a tomorrow that we are not together, there is one thing you should always remember. You are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart I will always be with you in the heart" (12/29/11)

No comments: